Find Everthing!

Contect

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Influenster Vow Voxbox Review

I'm quite excited for today's post since it is about a box that I have recently received. I got an email about a month ago from Influenster asking me to take a survey to see which "summer box program" I could qualify for. A week or so later, I go an email back telling me that I had qualified for the Vow voxbox!! This box is "for the brides, bridesmaids, mothers-of-the-bride, wedding guests, and wedding crashers."
When I saw this description, it brought me back to the first ever voxbox I had received. The something blue voxbox was also wedding themed and I got it at about the same time last year. (wow.. it's crazy to think that a year has passed!) Hehe, I always wonder how I get chosen for these boxes since this box doesn't quite fit me, but I am loving the fun products inside so it doesn't really matter to me!
The box itself is a beautiful turquoise color perfect for summer. The color reminds me of a relaxing day at the beach and possibly of a wedding haha. I have to admit that the product inside seem to be targeted towards an age group slightly older than me, but I can see myself using most of the products in there on a daily basis!
Unboxing this particular voxbox was pretty easy for me as there was no mass amount of tissue paper and padding in it. I simply took the tape of the sides and popped the box open anxious to see what was inside. My first impression of the box was "wow, they did a good job fitting everything into this box!" Haha, the products were stacked onto of each other in such a neat and organized fashion. I had to memorize how they were placed so I could put them back in the correct way for pictures!
Unboxing this particular voxbox was pretty easy for me as there was no mass amount of tissue paper and padding in it. I simply took the tape of the sides and popped the box open anxious to see what was inside. My first impression of the box was "wow, they did a good job fitting everything into this box!" Haha, the products were stacked onto of each other in such a neat and organized fashion. I had to memorize how they were placed so I could put them back in the correct way for pictures!
The first product in the box that caught my eye was the tiniest item. It is the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure. ($7.99) Sally Hansen was one of the first nail polish brands that I tried and I still love their polishes. This tiny little bottle of polish comes with 7 benefits in 1. There is a base coat, strengthener, growth treatment, salon insipired color, top coat, chip resistance, and a gel finish.
This polish comes in 56 shades and the one I got in my box is #360,
Barracuda. The color looks is a gorgeous shade of blue and resembles a tiffany blue. It's very pearl like in my opinion. One thing that I love about this polish is the aplicatior. It's more square and flat like compared to others. The only thing I disliked about the polish though was how many coats I needed to get it my desired color. It takes at least 2-3 coats to get your nails to an opaque look though I still love this color. It's perfect for summer!
 
The next item that intrigued me was the Ecotools Pure Complexion Sponge. ($5.99) This item was placed on the top and it got my attention pretty quickly. I have heard of the brand ecotools and I have tried some of their products before, but this particular sponge made me a bit hesitant. The sponge actually resembled and felt like a pumice stone to me first. It felt like a hard foam rock haha. However, to a pleasant surprise, once the sponge gets wet, it instantly transforms into a soft sponge that starts foaming with some cleanser (the sponge is super absorbent) and a little scrubbing. The sponge feels great against my skin and afterwards, my skin felt super soft. I prefer the sponge over a towel since it wasn't as rough, but it still made my skin clean and brighter.
The selling point for this sponge is that is is handmade with 100% natural ingredients including the Japanese konjac vegetable fiber. The sponge is intended to be an exfoliater that is gentle enough for daily use. If used and cleaned properly, it can be used for 2-3 months.
 
On the side of my box was a can of Pure silk Moisturizing Shave Cream. ($2.19) This product seems pretty nice and it smells amazing! Now I personally don't use shaving cream since I shave using an electric razor. I find electric razor easier to use since I don't end up cutting myself. It's a lot faster too and I don't have to use any extra products on my legs. I do believe though that this product works well. It contains added aloe for smooth legs and you really can't beat the sweet smell!
 
The next product in the box is the Tide To Go Pen. (3 ct. for &7.99) I have always been intrigued by this item since it's so tiny, but can be so helpful emergency situations! (such as a wedding or graduation party haha) I'm a clumsy person and I am always dropping food or spilling drinks on myself so this is perfect.
The pen is the perfect size and great to stick in your purse when you go out! It works well so I can see myself using this item a lot now in the future!
 
At the bottom was my favorite item in the box. It was the Olay Regenerist Luminous tone Perfecting Cream. ($30.99) This product claims to fade dark spots (hmm maybe it will help my sun spots and freckles..) in 8 weeks. I have yet to test this cream yet, but I plan to use it after my current cream runs out! I took a quick test of the cream and I have to say that it smells heavenly! It's one of my best smelling face creams and I can't wait to use it daily! My first impression of the cream was that it was light, but at the same time thick, so you don't have to use that much to cover your face. The cream is a bit greasy though which is a slight turn off, but if it can fade my sun spots + possibly my freckles, I can deal with it!
 

The last item in my vow voxbox was a card from Riley & Grey that features their website. Their site was created to cater those who are getting married by giving them their own wedding website. With their site, couples can easily keep track of guest and their information. I think it is a really cool idea and perfect for those who have a big wedding. The card in the box gives me a 50% off my own website, but I honestly don't think I will be using it for the main reason that I don't have a need for it now or in the near future.
 
Overall, I really like this box and I am so glad Influenster chose to send this box to me. I love getting and trying out new products! While I may not be a bride to be, I can certainty use most of these products in my day to day life. I cannot wait to start testing out the olay dark spot remover cream as well. I read reviews and they all seem to be positive so I'm hoping it works well for me! I feel like all the products in the box were designed to help a lady look her best no matter the occasion!

Are you a member of Influenster?
Which boxes have you received?
What products in this box have you tried/are interesting?  


 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment